This article has been just updated:
Torrents are under attack. By whom, you ask? By anti-piracy groups and governments around the world, who go to great lengths to make torrents synonymous with online piracy. In the past few months alone, many internet service providers were forced to block torrenting and other peer-to-peer file sharing methods, and their customers are now scrambling to find simple yet effective workarounds.
One such workaround is NordVPN, a personal virtual private network (VPN) service that creates an encrypted private tunnel and allows its users to avoid traffic analysis, eavesdropping, and geo-restrictions.
In this article, we’re taking a detailed look at NordVPN from the point of view of torrent users to find out whether the service is really as good for torrenting as it claims to be.
NordVPN Torrent Support
Torrents are one of the most popular methods for sharing files online. The protocol that enables torrenting, called BitTorrent, was designed in 2001, and it has since then been adopted for a number of different purposes.
For example, broadcasters use torrents to make full shows available for download, game developers use torrents to distribute large updates and even entire games, and universities use torrents to distribute large scientific data sets to researchers.
Despite the widespread use of the BitTorrent protocol across many fields and domains, many VPN providers block it because they don’t want to be associated with online piracy, or because they don’t have the infrastructure to support countless simultaneous high-speed downloads of very large files.
But NordVPN is not your average VPN service. It operates a massive global network of over 5,200 servers located in 62 countries, and many of its servers are dedicated solely to NordVPN torrenting. Because NordVPN separates regular and P2P traffic, all of its users can enjoy faster speeds, excellent reliability, fantastic uptimes, and unmatched latency.
Dedicated NordVPN P2P Servers
Finding one of NordVPN’s dedicated P2P servers is easy:
- Go to the NordVPN torrent server recommender app.
- Click on show advanced options.
- Select P2P instead of Standart VPN servers in the server type field, and you will instantly get a server recommendation that is best for you on the left.
• Connecting to other servers with a running application that is using P2P traffic, will reroute you to our P2P servers in Canada or the Netherlands to keep you safe.
As you can see, it takes just a couple of minutes to find a reliable NordVPN P2P server, and connecting to it is nearly as easy:
- Go to NordVPN’s website: https://best-vpn-deals.com
- Click the large red button titled “Get It For $2.99/mo.”
- Choose a plan.
- Create an account.
- Select a payment method.
- Download the client for your operating system and device.
- Install it.
- Once installed, the NordVPN application will start, and appear in a new window.
- When the application window opens, wait for it to load and enter your credentials.
- The main screen of the application displays all available servers. Select the one that was recommended to you by the NordVPN torrent server recommender app.
Other Features You Should Know About
Stellar support for torrenting is just one of many NordVPN’s outstanding features.
1 We’ve already mentioned that NordVPN has more than 5,200 servers around the world, but we have yet to mention how it uses them to improve the security and privacy of its users.
By chaining multiple VPN servers, NordVPN creates an extra layer of privacy, effectively encrypting all data twice even though once is enough.
Because your connection goes through two separate servers in two different locations, even NordVPN wouldn’t be able to decrypt it.
2 At the moment, NordVPN users can choose from multiple location combinations, including Canada-US, Netherlands-Russia, Sweden-Netherlands, UK-France, UK-Netherlands, and Taiwan-Hong Kong.
NordVPN continuously improves its already sizable network, so you can expect additional location combinations to be added in the future.
3 NordVPN Kodi support is just as great as its BitTorrent support. Kodi is a popular free and open-source media player software application that’s designed to look great on your big screen TV. Kodi is a highly extendable media player with support for real-time torrent streaming of movies and TV shows, and using it without additional security measures is not recommended.
Fortunately, there are many tutorials on how to connect Kodi to NordVPN servers, and you can even set up NordVPN on Raspberry Pi with Kodi with minimal effort required.
4 Regardless of whether you use NordVPN to download torrents or watch online movies and TV shows, you’re always protected against suspicious websites, malware, ads, and other cyber threats with CyberSec. This advanced technology solution that takes your privacy to the next level provides enhanced security, better performance, and control, and it’s included in all NordVPN subscription plans.
How to Cancel NordVPN
Speaking of NordVPN subscription plans. You should know that every single plan offered by NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to cancel your subscription during the first 30 days from activation, simply contact customer support and tell them that you want to cancel.
You don’t have to give a reason why, and NordVPN’s customer support will never pressure you into staying or use any other shady sales tactics on you.
To cancel a recurring subscription:
- Log in to your account on the NordVPN website.
- Find the “Private and secure Internet access (VPN)” section under the “My Services” and click on the contextual menu (three dots) button next to “Change Plan.”
- Click on “Cancel automatic payments.”
- You will be asked again whether you are sure that you want to cancel automatic payments. Just select “Yes.”
- That’s it!
The goal of this article was to find out whether NordVPN is a good VPN service for torrenting. The answer is clear: yes! NordVPN is an excellent VPN service for torrenting that has plenty to offer to all internet users—not just those who use torrents to download content from the internet. Its subscription plans are affordable, its global coverage is unmatched, and its features are cutting-edge.