JURISDICTION Based In (Country)
JURISDICTION Fourteen Eyes?
LOGGING Logs Traffic
AVAILABILITY # of Countries
AVAILABILITY # of Servers
PRICING $ Month (Annual Pricing)
PRICING Connection / Month
PRICING Free Trial
PRICING Refund Period (Days)
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How to Speed Up NordVPN?
Slow internet can be very frustrating. Be it while trying to watch a video on YouTube, or while doing some really important work, slow internet becomes our worst enemy during times like these. If you happen to be experiencing a slow NordVPN connection, here are a few ways to resolve your problems.
1. Try changing your server - Sometimes, connecting to an endpoint, which is really far from your present location, can lead to slower internet speed. Since NordVPN provides hundreds of servers in over 60 countries, you can always choose one that’s very close to your location.
2. Verify your internet speed - Before blaming NordVPN for making your internet connection unusable, you might want to check if your internet service provider is really giving you the speed you pay for. Disconnect the VPN and check the speed to find out where the true issue lies using an online speed test.
3. Try the TCP protocol - NordVPN uses UDP as its default protocol. Try changing it to TCP manually and test your internet speed again to see if it has improved.
4. Disable your antivirus - If you happen to use antivirus or firewall software, try switching it off. Sometimes, these local security apps can slow down your internet as they inspect individual packets of data. Besides, NordVPN already scans for malware and other online threats using its advanced security solution called CyberSec.
5. Close unwanted apps - In some cases, applications operating in the background can cause a reduction in your internet speed. The most common culprits include torrent clients, messaging apps, and email clients.
6. Restart your router – Routers are really just less powerful computers, and it’s common for their performance to improve after a restart.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Firestick?
Firestick, better known as Amazon Fire TV Stick, is a digital media player developed by Amazon. It uses a modified version of the Android operating system, called Fire OS, that makes it possible to install Android apps from the Amazon App Store.
Even if you’ve never installed any app from the Amazon App Store, you won’t have any problem learning how to set up NordVPN on your Firestick. This is what you need to do:
• Turn on your Firestick.
• Open Settings from the top menu.
• Choose Applications and pick App Store from the list of available apps.
• Select the magnifying glass icon and search for NordVPN.
• Select the NordVPN app and install it.
• Once installed, open the app and either create a new NordVPN account or log in with your username and password.
• Connect to a NordVPN server.
While Amazon is currently fine with the NordVPN app being in the App Store, it could change its mind in the future and ban all VPN apps. Should that ever happen, you will be glad to know that you can also install the NordVPN app as a stand-alone .apk file, which you can download from NordVPN’s official website using an app called Downloader. For this method to work, turn on the Apps from unknown resources option located under Developer options in Settings.
How Do I Know NordVPN Is Working?
You can easily check if NordVPN is working properly using readily available online tools that detect the most common VPN leaks, including IP leaks, DNS leaks, and WebRTC leaks.
To check for IP leaks:
Note down your original public IP address assigned to you by your ISP. If you are currently using a VPN, turn it off and head to the official website of NordVPN. Your IP address will be displayed at the very top.
Now, turn on your VPN and go back to the official website of NordVPN.
The website should now show a different IP address and country. If it does so, it means NordVPN is working. If the results show your original IP address, then you’re most likely not connected using the NordVPN app because it automatically checks for IP leaks.
To check for DNS leaks:
If your NordVPN is on, DNSLeakTest should show your chosen location and the IP address of the NordVPN server you’re connected to. If it does so, your VPN is working and is not leaking.
To check for WebRTC leaks:
Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) is a useful feature present in most modern web browsers, but it presents another vulnerability for VPN users, which is why it’s important to check for WebRTC leaks. To do so, visit BrowserLeaks with NordVPN active and see if your real IP address is hidden.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Discounts of up to 33% with a promo code for VPN.ht
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Use our promo codes to save up to 40% on DotVPN
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
In general, NordVPN offers a good service. The speed is good, it provides a safe framework, and their no log policy has been verified by a third party. Their app is friendly and quite easy to install and use. However, what I don’t like is the fact that sometimes I see that the IP addresses are recognized as belonging to a different country than my own. For example some locations in the US have appeared as from Europe. Read More →
Decent service The thing that I like the most about NordVPN is that the connections are fast and that I can download through their services at a decent speed. In addition, their customer service is good when compared with other ones. We had a couple of questions in our business, which were promptly answered by NordVPN consultants. This factor was key in our selection of a service provider, because time is money, and a delay can cause serious consequences in our line of business. On the down side, their servers mapping presentation has presented some problems for our employees. I think it should be improved. Read More →