How to Use NordVPN With Kodi?
Kodi is an extendable media player software application available for multiple operating systems and devices. To use Kodi with NordVPN:
• First, make sure that OpenVPN is already installed and accessible.
• Go to nord.app/kodi. Download the NordVPN add-on zip file from there.
• Transfer the file to your Kodi device either by downloading the file directly on the device or by downloading it on your computer, copying it to a USB drive, and connecting that USB drive to your Kodi device.
• Open Kodi. Go to Settings. Click on System Settings. Select Add-Ons and allow Unknown sources by toggling the corresponding button. A warning window will appear. Click Yes.
• Now, go back to the home screen and select Add-ons. Click the Package button in the top left corner. Select install from zip file option. Locate the NordVPN zip file and select it.
• After the installation is completed, you’ll see a notification that NordVPN has been installed.
• Now, you’ll be asked to run the setup wizard in order to set up the NordVPN and provide the login credentials to your NordVPN account.
• After entering the credentials, you’ll be asked to select if you want to connect NordVPN automatically when Kodi starts.
• Finally, you can start using NordVPN with Kodi.
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How to Use NordVPN with µTorrent?
This is how to use NordVPN with µTorrent:
• First, you need to open list of available servers in your NordVPN client. Filter the list to display only servers with P2P support. Select a server and note its address.
• Then open your uTorrent client.
• Go to Options.
• Switch to the Preferences tab. A new window will open containing a range of options
• Select Connection. To use your NordVPN connection, go to the Proxy Server section and use the drop-down menu to select either Socks5 or HTTP
• Enter the NordVPN server address in the proxy field. For Socks5, use 1080 as the port. For HTTP, use 80.
• Enable authentication and then type in your NordVPN credentials.
• Finally, press the Ok button. Now you’re ready to use µTorrent with Nord VPN.
If you would like to use NordVPN with other applications—even those that don’t allow you to set up a VPN connection like µTorrent does—you should install the NordVPN app, which is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS. You can even configure NordVPN on your router, which would automatically secure all connections on your network regardless of which device they come from. However, only the NordVPN app allows you to easily switch between different servers.
How Fast Is NordVPN?
Everyone has different preferences when it comes to VPN services. Some are looking for cutting-edge features, other value security and privacy above all else, and there are also those who strongly prefer VPN services that are very easy to use and have apps for many different operating systems. NordVPN meets all these criteria, but is it also fast?
The short answer is: yes! Independent tests have confirmed that NordVPN can max out even a 100 Mbps internet connection and achieve download speeds as high as 98 or 99 Mbps and a single-digit ping. To understand why NordVPN is so fast, you first need to understand the factors affecting the speed of a VPN server, namely the actual internet speed of the server, the distance between you and the server, and the current load on the server.
Because NordVPN has thousands of high-performance servers in 60+ countries, there’s always a server close to you that has plenty of capacity left to support even the most demanding online activities, such as high-definition online streaming or online gaming.
The NordVPN app features a smart algorithm that can automatically select the best VPN server for you based on location, loads, or your special requirements, so there’s no guessing involved—just pure performance.
Where Is Nord VPN Based?
According to NordVPN’s website, the popular personal virtual private network (VPN) service provider is based in Panama. If you know a thing or two about VPN services, you probably also know that NordVPN isn’t the only VPN service that selected Panama as its home country.
NordVPN explains why Panama is such a great home country for the providers of VPN services on its website: "We are based and operate under the jurisdiction of Panama. There is no mandatory data retention law in Panama, so we do not need to store logs, which is perfect for a VPN provider."
What’s more, Panama also doesn’t participate in the Five Eyes or Fourteen Eyes alliances, the first of which comprises of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States., while the second also includes Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Sweden.
The members of these and other intelligence alliances have been found to intentionally spy on one another’s citizens and share the collected information to circumvent restrictive domestic regulations on spying. Because NordVPN is located in Panama, you can be sure that the information about your online activities won’t end up in a database of some intelligence agency.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Use our promo codes to save up to 42% on StrongVPN
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Deep discounts of up to 46% on PrivateVPN with no tricks
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
Happy with the service I’m an international worker, who uses the Internet mainly from his cellphone to communicate with his family at home. The feature I love the most about this VPN is its encryption, which makes me feel safe knowing that my privacy is kept intact. Besides, I have experienced no problems so far, and its price is very affordable.
Not trustable NordVPN, where are you? Are you in Panana, the USA or simply nowhere? How do you expect me to trust a VPN service that has no clear head office? How can I trust your 30 days money back guarantee if you accept cryptocurrencies? Definitely, I won’t use or recommend your services.