JURISDICTION Based In (Country)
JURISDICTION Fourteen Eyes?
LOGGING Logs Traffic
AVAILABILITY # of Countries
AVAILABILITY # of Servers
PRICING $ Month (Annual Pricing)
PRICING Connection / Month
PRICING Free Trial
PRICING Refund Period (Days)
Popular questions about Nord VPN
What Is Tap-NordVPN?
TAP driver provides a virtual TAP device functionality on your computing OS (such as Windows). This driver is required by the NordVPN to function properly, and problems with it can cause the TAP driver error when connected to a VPN.
This is what you need to do to fix the TAP driver error:
• Open NordVPN.
• Navigate to Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Diagnostics -> Run Diagnostics Tool.
• Select the Collect Diagnostics and follow the instructions to complete the process.
• Open your NordVPN installation folder and look for a .zip file called something like 2019-08-02 12_14_18Z-logs.zip.
• Extract the .zip file and open the .nwl file it contains in your favorite text editor.
• If you see the “FATAL:All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use” error message, disable your internet adaptors and enable them again.
• If you see the “FATAL:There are no TAP-Windows adapters on this system,” error message, reinstall the TAP driver on your system. You can find working TAP drivers on NordVPN’s website.
When they encounter the TAP error, many people assume that something is wrong with the NordVPN app, but that’s rarely ever the case. Reinstalling the NordVPN app won’t solve the issue, but the two methods described above are guaranteed to work.
How to Speed Up NordVPN?
Slow internet can be very frustrating. Be it while trying to watch a video on YouTube, or while doing some really important work, slow internet becomes our worst enemy during times like these. If you happen to be experiencing a slow NordVPN connection, here are a few ways to resolve your problems.
1. Try changing your server - Sometimes, connecting to an endpoint, which is really far from your present location, can lead to slower internet speed. Since NordVPN provides hundreds of servers in over 60 countries, you can always choose one that’s very close to your location.
2. Verify your internet speed - Before blaming NordVPN for making your internet connection unusable, you might want to check if your internet service provider is really giving you the speed you pay for. Disconnect the VPN and check the speed to find out where the true issue lies using an online speed test.
3. Try the TCP protocol - NordVPN uses UDP as its default protocol. Try changing it to TCP manually and test your internet speed again to see if it has improved.
4. Disable your antivirus - If you happen to use antivirus or firewall software, try switching it off. Sometimes, these local security apps can slow down your internet as they inspect individual packets of data. Besides, NordVPN already scans for malware and other online threats using its advanced security solution called CyberSec.
5. Close unwanted apps - In some cases, applications operating in the background can cause a reduction in your internet speed. The most common culprits include torrent clients, messaging apps, and email clients.
6. Restart your router – Routers are really just less powerful computers, and it’s common for their performance to improve after a restart.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Firestick?
Firestick, better known as Amazon Fire TV Stick, is a digital media player developed by Amazon. It uses a modified version of the Android operating system, called Fire OS, that makes it possible to install Android apps from the Amazon App Store.
Even if you’ve never installed any app from the Amazon App Store, you won’t have any problem learning how to set up NordVPN on your Firestick. This is what you need to do:
• Turn on your Firestick.
• Open Settings from the top menu.
• Choose Applications and pick App Store from the list of available apps.
• Select the magnifying glass icon and search for NordVPN.
• Select the NordVPN app and install it.
• Once installed, open the app and either create a new NordVPN account or log in with your username and password.
• Connect to a NordVPN server.
While Amazon is currently fine with the NordVPN app being in the App Store, it could change its mind in the future and ban all VPN apps. Should that ever happen, you will be glad to know that you can also install the NordVPN app as a stand-alone .apk file, which you can download from NordVPN’s official website using an app called Downloader. For this method to work, turn on the Apps from unknown resources option located under Developer options in Settings.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Save 52% on a deal for BitDefender VPN with this bonus code
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Use our discount code for instant savings of 33% on Browsec VPN
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
An average VPN Although NordVPN markets itself as an over the average VPN, and prices it accordingly, my experience with this VPN shows nothing outstanding. I have their app on my laptop and phone. In both cases, I have noticed a decrease in speed and performance, when compared to normal online activity. Plus, even though they market themselves using military grade encryption, according to my understanding they don’t use any super special technology that is unavailable out there. Adding to it, a customer service that is not so knowledgeable, the result is an average performing VPN service. Read More →
Ease of use As an Arabic speaker, whose English is not so good, I’m very happy to say that the UI of this application is very easy to install and use. I had a small problem, contacted customer service and help was available on the spot. I have recommended this VPN to my friends, and some of them have expressed their satisfaction with the product several times. Good work NordVPN! Read More →