JURISDICTION Based In (Country)
JURISDICTION Fourteen Eyes?
LOGGING Logs Traffic
AVAILABILITY # of Countries
AVAILABILITY # of Servers
PRICING $ Month (Annual Pricing)
PRICING Connection / Month
PRICING Free Trial
PRICING Refund Period (Days)
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How to Uninstall NordVPN?
NordVPN isn’t one of those shady VPN providers that make it intentionally difficult for their customers to cancel their subscriptions and uninstall any software they’ve installed.
How to uninstall NordVPN from Windows:
• Open Control Panel. Click on the "Uninstall a program” option. Locate NordVPN.
• Select the Uninstall/Change option to initiate the uninstall process.
• A permission request window will pop up. Click Yes to allow the uninstaller to begin the uninstallation process.
• Confirm the uninstallation operation one more time by clicking on the Remove button.
• The uninstallation could take several minutes.
• After the process has completed, NordVPN will be removed successfully.
• Click on the Finish button to exit the uninstall wizard.
How to uninstall NordVPN from macOS:
• On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock, then click Applications in the Finder sidebar.
• Drag the NordVPN app from the Applications folder to the Trash.
How to uninstall NordVPN from Android:
• Open the Google Play Store.
• Tap the Menu icon and then My apps & games.
• Tap on the NordVPN app.
• Tap Uninstall.
How to uninstall NordVPN from iOS:
• Locate the NordVPN app icon.
• Hold the app icon until it starts to shake.
• Tap the little “x” icon to uninstall it.
How to uninstall NordVPN from Linux (Debian-based distributions):
• Open the terminal
• Type the following command into the terminal: sudo apt-get --purge remove nordvpn*
Who Owns Nord VPN?
On its website, NordVPN presents itself as a customer-oriented company that was started by four childhood friends who wanted to make Tim Berners-Lee’s vision of a truly open internet a reality. What you won’t find on the website is any information about the owner of Nord VPN. This important information was first officially disclosed by Nord VPN in a blog post refuting allegations that NordVPN is involved in data mining.
Why would anyone think that NordVPN is involved in data mining? Because its real owner is Tesonet, a company that runs web data extraction products and services under the OxyLabs brand. OxyLabs owns a residential proxy network with ten million residential IP addresses from more than 180 countries, and it sees the web as the most extensive intelligence data source in the world.
How does this information affect the users of NordVPN? It doesn’t really. Just because Tesonet owns NordVPN doesn’t automatically mean they’re using it to mine data and sell it to the highest bidder. It’s very common for successful companies to acquire smaller companies and let them do their own thing, which is exactly what Tesonet has been doing with NordVPN. So, if you’re a NordVPN user, you have absolutely nothing to worry about because NordVPN is based in Panama and Tesonet, which is based in Lithuania, doesn’t influence its day-to-day operations in any way that should be a reason for concern.
How to Use NordVPN on Mac?
To use NordVPN on a Mac computer, you first need to decide how to connect to NordVPN servers. You have two basic options:
• Option 1: Use the built-in Mac VPN client.
• Option 2: Download the NordVPN app for macOS.
The biggest advantage of option 1 is that you don’t need to install any additional software on your Mac. You can simply click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac, open System Preferences, go to Network, and click the plus symbol to create a new VPN connection. You will be asked to provide the IP address of the server you want to connect to, along with your username and password. To obtain an IP address of a NordVPN server, visit the server recommendation page and let NordVPN’s smart algorithm select the best server for you.
If you would like to use more than one VPN server (NordVPN has over 5,000 fast servers in 60+ countries), you’re better off installing the NordVPN app from the Mac App Store because its polished user interface makes it extremely easy to establish a VPN connection. All you need to do is pick a location on a map and the app will take care of everything for you.
Top Sale on VPN apps
A real 77% discount on TigerVPN for a limited time
3 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Incredible 17% savings on Encrypt.me with these promo codes
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
Great VPN For someone connecting to China frequently, NordVPN presents the best option to bypass the “Great Firewall” that our government has created. Although not perfect, I can still protect my identity with a high degree of security. Besides, the no log policy provides me with the assurance that no trace of my online activity is being kept.
Very slow network I have been using NordVPN for some weeks, and I’m surprised by their low speed. When I consulted with their customer service, they explained to me that it was my ISP fault and not theirs. When I asked my ISP, they replied the opposite, and I believe them, because in general I didn’t have this problem previously.