JURISDICTION Based In (Country)
JURISDICTION Fourteen Eyes?
LOGGING Logs Traffic
AVAILABILITY # of Countries
AVAILABILITY # of Servers
PRICING $ Month (Annual Pricing)
PRICING Connection / Month
PRICING Free Trial
PRICING Refund Period (Days)
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How to Use NordVPN on Mac?
To use NordVPN on a Mac computer, you first need to decide how to connect to NordVPN servers. You have two basic options:
• Option 1: Use the built-in Mac VPN client.
• Option 2: Download the NordVPN app for macOS.
The biggest advantage of option 1 is that you don’t need to install any additional software on your Mac. You can simply click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac, open System Preferences, go to Network, and click the plus symbol to create a new VPN connection. You will be asked to provide the IP address of the server you want to connect to, along with your username and password. To obtain an IP address of a NordVPN server, visit the server recommendation page and let NordVPN’s smart algorithm select the best server for you.
If you would like to use more than one VPN server (NordVPN has over 5,000 fast servers in 60+ countries), you’re better off installing the NordVPN app from the Mac App Store because its polished user interface makes it extremely easy to establish a VPN connection. All you need to do is pick a location on a map and the app will take care of everything for you.
What Is Tap-NordVPN?
TAP driver provides a virtual TAP device functionality on your computing OS (such as Windows). This driver is required by the NordVPN to function properly, and problems with it can cause the TAP driver error when connected to a VPN.
This is what you need to do to fix the TAP driver error:
• Open NordVPN.
• Navigate to Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Diagnostics -> Run Diagnostics Tool.
• Select the Collect Diagnostics and follow the instructions to complete the process.
• Open your NordVPN installation folder and look for a .zip file called something like 2019-08-02 12_14_18Z-logs.zip.
• Extract the .zip file and open the .nwl file it contains in your favorite text editor.
• If you see the “FATAL:All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use” error message, disable your internet adaptors and enable them again.
• If you see the “FATAL:There are no TAP-Windows adapters on this system,” error message, reinstall the TAP driver on your system. You can find working TAP drivers on NordVPN’s website.
When they encounter the TAP error, many people assume that something is wrong with the NordVPN app, but that’s rarely ever the case. Reinstalling the NordVPN app won’t solve the issue, but the two methods described above are guaranteed to work.
How to Speed Up NordVPN?
Slow internet can be very frustrating. Be it while trying to watch a video on YouTube, or while doing some really important work, slow internet becomes our worst enemy during times like these. If you happen to be experiencing a slow NordVPN connection, here are a few ways to resolve your problems.
1. Try changing your server - Sometimes, connecting to an endpoint, which is really far from your present location, can lead to slower internet speed. Since NordVPN provides hundreds of servers in over 60 countries, you can always choose one that’s very close to your location.
2. Verify your internet speed - Before blaming NordVPN for making your internet connection unusable, you might want to check if your internet service provider is really giving you the speed you pay for. Disconnect the VPN and check the speed to find out where the true issue lies using an online speed test.
3. Try the TCP protocol - NordVPN uses UDP as its default protocol. Try changing it to TCP manually and test your internet speed again to see if it has improved.
4. Disable your antivirus - If you happen to use antivirus or firewall software, try switching it off. Sometimes, these local security apps can slow down your internet as they inspect individual packets of data. Besides, NordVPN already scans for malware and other online threats using its advanced security solution called CyberSec.
5. Close unwanted apps - In some cases, applications operating in the background can cause a reduction in your internet speed. The most common culprits include torrent clients, messaging apps, and email clients.
6. Restart your router – Routers are really just less powerful computers, and it’s common for their performance to improve after a restart.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Save 72% on your VPN Unlimited plan, limited time offer
3 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Get a 35% discount today on AceVPN
3 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
Great user interface In my opinion, the best feature of NordVPN is its easy to use and to learn interface. For someone like me, who didn’t grow up with computers, it is a very important plus. From the beginning, I had no problem to download and install the apps, which now I have on my laptop and Android cellphone. Once installed, using it was very straightforward, requiring not much technical knowledge. The server maps are clear and easy to use, and require almost zero learning time. Read More →
A combination of safety measures without proper customer service I chose NordVPN due to its good combination of advanced technology and customer service. My main concern was speed. I need a proficient Internet, and NordVPN claimed to work even with old computers. I considered their 30 day money-back guarantee, and registered for the service. That was three months ago. I had no problems so far, until I changed to my new Mac a week ago. Since them, the service keeps hanging. I contacted their customer service. We chat and they explained to me that the problem had been solved and that now I should be able to surf the Internet without problems. However, the problem persists. I have been battling with them for a few days, without any solution; and in order to continue with my work, I switched back to my old laptop. It is quite frustrating considering that the 30 days guarantee is over, and I’m seriously considering changing to another VPN provider. Read More →