JURISDICTION Based In (Country)
JURISDICTION Fourteen Eyes?
LOGGING Logs Traffic
AVAILABILITY # of Countries
AVAILABILITY # of Servers
PRICING $ Month (Annual Pricing)
PRICING Connection / Month
PRICING Free Trial
PRICING Refund Period (Days)
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How Does NordVPN Work?
To understand how NordVPN works, you must first understand how a virtual private network (VPN) hides your online activity from unauthorized third parties. When you establish a VPN connection, your internet traffic gets redirected through an encrypted tunnel to a remote VPN server. The server then forwards your traffic to the target server, be it a web server or mail server.
From the point of view of the target server, the request seems to be coming directly from the VPN server. And since reputable VPN providers like NordVPN don’t keep any activity logs, it’s virtually impossible to trace the request back to its origin—you.
NordVPN has made the entire process of connecting to a remote VPN server remarkably easy by providing its users with a convenient client that allows them to connect over 5,700 NordVPN servers in 60 countries with a few simple clicks. If you wanted to, you could use NordVPN to make it seems as if you were located in the United States or Japan, even if you’re really located in a completely different part of the world.
How to Use Nord VPN?
NordVPN is exceptionally easy to use because it wraps its features in an intuitive client. To download the NordVPN client:
2. Select a subscription plan that you like. Keep in mind that you can save a lot of money by selecting a longer plan.
3. Provide your email address.
4. Decide how you want to pay for your NordVPN subscription. NordVPN support credit cards, Amazon Pay, several major cryptocurrencies, as well as Alipay.
5. Download the NordVPN client and install it on your device.
6. Launch the client and connect to any of NordVPN’s thousands of servers located in more than 60 countries with a simple click.1
NordVPN works on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and many routers and IoT devices. With a single NordVPN subscription, you can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously.
To check if you have connected successfully:
1. Go to: https://nordvpn.com
2. Check the top of the page. You should see a status bar with the word “Protected” in it. If you see “Unprotected,” something must have gone wrong because your real IP address is still exposed. To fix this problem, open the NordVPN client and reconnect.
How to Cancel NordVPN?
NordVPN gives all customers a 30-day money-back guarantee to test the service without any risk. If you cancel your NordVPN subscription during the 30-day period, the value of your purchase will be refunded to you. Of course, you can cancel NordVPN even after the money-back guarantee expires, and this is how to do it:
1) Go to: https://nordvpn.com/
2) Log in to your NordVPN user account by clicking the “My Account” button in the upper-right corner.
3) Go to your Dashboard and locate “Private and secure Internet access (VPN)” under My Services. This is your NordVPN subscription.
4) Click the three vertical dots next to Change Plan and select the “Cancel automatic payments” option.
5) You will be asked to confirm your action. Choose Yes.
If you purchased your NordVPN subscription through the Google Play Store, you need to sign in to the corresponding Google Account and cancel your subscription from the My Subscriptions section of the Google Play Store.
Likewise, NordVPN subscriptions purchased through the Apple App Store can be canceled only in Settings on your iOS device, in iTunes on a Mac or PC, or on Apple TV, after signing in with the same Apple ID that you used when you first purchased the subscription.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Discounts of up to 33% with a promo code for VPN.ht
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Use our promo codes to save up to 40% on DotVPN
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
Just the right solution I have been shopping around for the right VPN for my business. I found it in NordVPN. This service offers very much what I need, namely, transparency, good protection and great availability. Transparency is achieved by their service having been audited by an independent party. This audit verified their no log policy and the results were made available to all users. Good protection is provided by their double encryption and DNS leak protection technologies. This is enhanced by the no log policy previously mentioned. Great availability is due to the fact that there are over 5800 servers distributed all over the world. As a result, most users can choose one nearby them (Although, I believe Russian users are constrained in this regard). Thanks to this network of servers, the speed attained is very reasonable, even during downloads.
Double encryption I’m really impressed with NordVPN’s double encryption technology. I think it is a great idea to protect both sides of the dialogue. However, I would like to suggest a better explanation of this feature, as the description available in their FAQ is not deep enough. The explanation has to cater for the layman and describe in detail what it is and how it works. In my case, I had to google for a while, in order to fully understand this advantage.