JURISDICTION Based In (Country)
JURISDICTION Fourteen Eyes?
LOGGING Logs Traffic
AVAILABILITY # of Countries
AVAILABILITY # of Servers
PRICING $ Month (Annual Pricing)
PRICING Connection / Month
PRICING Free Trial
PRICING Refund Period (Days)
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How to Use NordVPN on Mac?
To use NordVPN on a Mac computer, you first need to decide how to connect to NordVPN servers. You have two basic options:
• Option 1: Use the built-in Mac VPN client.
• Option 2: Download the NordVPN app for macOS.
The biggest advantage of option 1 is that you don’t need to install any additional software on your Mac. You can simply click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac, open System Preferences, go to Network, and click the plus symbol to create a new VPN connection. You will be asked to provide the IP address of the server you want to connect to, along with your username and password. To obtain an IP address of a NordVPN server, visit the server recommendation page and let NordVPN’s smart algorithm select the best server for you.
If you would like to use more than one VPN server (NordVPN has over 5,000 fast servers in 60+ countries), you’re better off installing the NordVPN app from the Mac App Store because its polished user interface makes it extremely easy to establish a VPN connection. All you need to do is pick a location on a map and the app will take care of everything for you.
What Is Tap-NordVPN?
TAP driver provides a virtual TAP device functionality on your computing OS (such as Windows). This driver is required by the NordVPN to function properly, and problems with it can cause the TAP driver error when connected to a VPN.
This is what you need to do to fix the TAP driver error:
• Open NordVPN.
• Navigate to Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Diagnostics -> Run Diagnostics Tool.
• Select the Collect Diagnostics and follow the instructions to complete the process.
• Open your NordVPN installation folder and look for a .zip file called something like 2019-08-02 12_14_18Z-logs.zip.
• Extract the .zip file and open the .nwl file it contains in your favorite text editor.
• If you see the “FATAL:All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use” error message, disable your internet adaptors and enable them again.
• If you see the “FATAL:There are no TAP-Windows adapters on this system,” error message, reinstall the TAP driver on your system. You can find working TAP drivers on NordVPN’s website.
When they encounter the TAP error, many people assume that something is wrong with the NordVPN app, but that’s rarely ever the case. Reinstalling the NordVPN app won’t solve the issue, but the two methods described above are guaranteed to work.
How to Speed Up NordVPN?
Slow internet can be very frustrating. Be it while trying to watch a video on YouTube, or while doing some really important work, slow internet becomes our worst enemy during times like these. If you happen to be experiencing a slow NordVPN connection, here are a few ways to resolve your problems.
1. Try changing your server - Sometimes, connecting to an endpoint, which is really far from your present location, can lead to slower internet speed. Since NordVPN provides hundreds of servers in over 60 countries, you can always choose one that’s very close to your location.
2. Verify your internet speed - Before blaming NordVPN for making your internet connection unusable, you might want to check if your internet service provider is really giving you the speed you pay for. Disconnect the VPN and check the speed to find out where the true issue lies using an online speed test.
3. Try the TCP protocol - NordVPN uses UDP as its default protocol. Try changing it to TCP manually and test your internet speed again to see if it has improved.
4. Disable your antivirus - If you happen to use antivirus or firewall software, try switching it off. Sometimes, these local security apps can slow down your internet as they inspect individual packets of data. Besides, NordVPN already scans for malware and other online threats using its advanced security solution called CyberSec.
5. Close unwanted apps - In some cases, applications operating in the background can cause a reduction in your internet speed. The most common culprits include torrent clients, messaging apps, and email clients.
6. Restart your router – Routers are really just less powerful computers, and it’s common for their performance to improve after a restart.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Savings of up to 68% by using this bonus code for Trust.Zone
2 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Up to 38% off IBVPN with this discount deal
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
Good but a bit expensive After researching several options, I decided to try NordVPN. So far, the results have been good. Privacy is well maintained via their double encryption technology, the speed is reasonable and the features available are aimed at different user levels, including sophisticated ones. However, when I needed to consult customer service, the ticket was not promptly answered. This caused a delay in my work that was unnecessary. Considering that NordVPN is slightly more expensive than other alternatives, this problem should not have occurred.
Friendly app NordVPN has a very friendly user interface. The server mappings stands out for its ease of use, and for containing a zoom capability that really helps the user to find the optimal server location. Furthermore, this VPN has many useful special features, such as P2P and Tor capabilities, that provide an edge over its competitors. Although the price is a bit higher, it makes sense to pay it for an assured privacy. Recommended!