How to Set Up NordVPN?
One of the best features of NordVPN is its versatility, with applications for every major operating system, including Windows, macOS, Android, and many more. While the specifics of setting up NordVPN vary slightly depending on your device’s operating system, the general process is largely the same:
1. First, download the NordVPN client for your chosen device.
2. Once NordVPN has finished downloading, install it, and open the installed application.
3. When the app starts up, you’ll be prompted to either sign up for a new account or sign in to your existing account. (Pro tip: If you’re signing up for the first time, make sure to choose a secure password to protect your account.)
4. Next, it’s time to select the server that will provide your VPN with secure and private internet access. The Quick Connect option will automatically select the ideal server for your device based on NordVPN’s proprietary technology.
5. Alternatively, if you’d like to access the internet as if you’re in a particular country, you can connect by selecting your chosen country from the Servers menu.
Keep in mind that some operating systems may prompt you to allow NordVPN special access privileges. If you see this notification, make sure to accept it so your VPN connection will work properly. From here, you’re free to browse the internet with private and secure access. Enjoy!
Popular questions about Nord VPN
Who Owns NordVPN?
What is Tesonet?
NordVPN, a personal virtual private network (VPN) service provider, was founded in 2012 by "four-childhood friends." Today, NordVPN has over 5,000 servers in more than 60 countries, offering applications for Windows, macOS, and Linux, mobile apps for Android and iOS, as well as an app for Android TV. The ownership of NordVPN is now in the hands of Tesonet, a Lithuania-based company that specializes in the creation of next-generation digital products and experiences.
How are NordVPN and Tesonet linked?
NordVPN is one of Tesonet’s many associates. Before Tesonet acquired NordVPN, the company provided advisory services to NordVPN in the areas of online sales and performance-based marketing. Even though Tesonet owns NordVPN, the two companies operate largely independently, with NordVPN being headquartered in Panama and Tesonet operating from Lithuania. NordVPN has always remained committed to protecting the privacy of its users, and its relationship with Tesonet doesn’t affect the privacy of its users in any way.
How to Install Nord VPN on Firestick?
There are two ways on how to install Nord VPN on Firestick. These are:
● Amazon App Store
● Downloader App
Install NordVPN from Amazon App Store
This is by far the simplest method on how to install Nord VPN on Firestick as it takes less than a minute to complete:
1. Open Firestick Home > Click on the Setting menu from the top.
2. Go to Applications.
3. Select the App Store from the list.
4. Look for NordVPN.
5. Click Install.
6. Press Open.
Install NordVPN Firestick using Downloader App
This method requires installing the Downloader App, which makes it possible to easily download files from the internet onto the Firestick:
1. Open Firestick Home > choose the Setting menu on top-right.
2. Click Device/Fire TV > Developer Options > Then turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources.
3. Return to Firestick Home > click the Search option > Type in “Downloader.”
4. Press Download, then Open once the installation is successful.
5. Input this URL https://nordvpn.com/download/android/.
6. Click on Download APK.
7. The download will then start.
8. Once the download completes, click Install.
9. Once the installation is successful, click Done.
10. Return to FireStick Home > go to Settings > then Applications.
11. Select Manage Installed Applications > Then select NordVPN.
Using NordVPN on Firestick is even more straightforward than installing it. To get started, simply log in with your NordVPN credentials. From there, you can connect to your favorite servers and enjoy streaming services on Firestick without worrying about geo-restrictions and internet censorship.
What Is NordVPN?
NordVPN is a popular virtual private network (VPN) service provider that was established in 2012 and currently operates over 5,700 servers in 60 countries. As a VPN service provider, NordVPN protects the online security and privacy of its users by connecting to a remote VPN server that hides the original IP address and secures all the information that is sent or received by routing it through an encrypted tunnel.
NordVPN makes all of this very simple with its VPN app, which supports all operating systems and is optimized to work just as well on mobile devices as on personal computers. All the user has to do to establish a secure VPN connection is launch the app, select a VPN server, and connect to it—it’s that simple!
Unlike many other VPN service providers, NordVPN is 100% transparent with its users, and it has a strict no-logs policy that states that will never track, collect, or share any private data. This policy has been verified by an independent audit conducted by one of the largest and most respected auditing firms in the world. Needless to say, NordVPN passed the audit with flying colors, proving what its long-term users had already known: that it can be trusted even with the most personal data.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Save 58% on your HideMyAss plan, limited time offer
3 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Get a 70% discount today on PureVPN
2 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
Easy to use VPN Although not perfect, it is an easy to use VPN, with plenty of functionalities at all different user levels.
Helping me work Being a reporter in the Middle East is not easy, and sometimes it can be dangerous. NordVPN helps me daily, by ensuring that my privacy is not at stake.