How Good Is Nord VPN?
The quality of a VPN can be measured by the number of servers it provides. NordVPN has more than 5,000 VPN servers worldwide, making it one of the largest VPN service providers there is. Because it has such a massive infrastructure, you can be sure that your connection speed will always be great even for high-definition online streaming and other bandwidth-intensive applications.
In addition to offering thousands of fast VPN servers, NordVPN allows its customers to connect up to 6 devices under one paid subscription, making it very cost-effective. All new customers get to enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee that lets them use the service without making a commitment, which goes to show how confident NordVPN is in the quality of its service.
Of course, a good VPN service must also be highly secure, and this is where NordVPN really shines. Using state-of-the-art encryption and robust VPN protocols, NordVPN allows you to establish a hacker-proof connection to the internet with a single click and hide your real IP address to make it seem as if you were located in a different part of the world. An independent audit has confirmed that NordVPN follows its own no-logs policy and doesn’t record any activity of its customers. In summary, NordVPN is a VPN service that you can trust even with the most sensitive information.
Popular questions about Nord VPN
How Many Devices NordVPN?
Most people these days use at least two different devices to connect to the internet, typically some sort of computer (be it a laptop or desktop computer) and a smartphone. It makes little sense to secure one of the two devices and leave the other one vulnerable and exposed. That’s why NordVPN allows its users to connect up to 6 devices with a single NordVPN account at the same time.
Users can even connect more than one device to the same VPN server and thus share the same IP address. For multiple devices to share the same VPN server and NordVPN subscription, each device must use a different protocol. For example, you can connect one device to TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), a second device to UDP (User Datagram Protocol), a third device to OpenVPN TCP, and a fourth device to OpenVPN UDP.
But what if you’re a geek with more than 6 devices that you would like to secure? Do you have to purchase another NordVPN subscription? No, you don’t. You can set up NordVPN on your router and use only one of the six device slots available to secure every single device that connects to the internet via the router.
How to Use NordVPN With Kodi?
Kodi is an extendable media player software application available for multiple operating systems and devices. To use Kodi with NordVPN:
• First, make sure that OpenVPN is already installed and accessible.
• Go to nord.app/kodi. Download the NordVPN add-on zip file from there.
• Transfer the file to your Kodi device either by downloading the file directly on the device or by downloading it on your computer, copying it to a USB drive, and connecting that USB drive to your Kodi device.
• Open Kodi. Go to Settings. Click on System Settings. Select Add-Ons and allow Unknown sources by toggling the corresponding button. A warning window will appear. Click Yes.
• Now, go back to the home screen and select Add-ons. Click the Package button in the top left corner. Select install from zip file option. Locate the NordVPN zip file and select it.
• After the installation is completed, you’ll see a notification that NordVPN has been installed.
• Now, you’ll be asked to run the setup wizard in order to set up the NordVPN and provide the login credentials to your NordVPN account.
• After entering the credentials, you’ll be asked to select if you want to connect NordVPN automatically when Kodi starts.
• Finally, you can start using NordVPN with Kodi.
How to Use NordVPN with µTorrent?
This is how to use NordVPN with µTorrent:
• First, you need to open list of available servers in your NordVPN client. Filter the list to display only servers with P2P support. Select a server and note its address.
• Then open your uTorrent client.
• Go to Options.
• Switch to the Preferences tab. A new window will open containing a range of options
• Select Connection. To use your NordVPN connection, go to the Proxy Server section and use the drop-down menu to select either Socks5 or HTTP
• Enter the NordVPN server address in the proxy field. For Socks5, use 1080 as the port. For HTTP, use 80.
• Enable authentication and then type in your NordVPN credentials.
• Finally, press the Ok button. Now you’re ready to use µTorrent with Nord VPN.
If you would like to use NordVPN with other applications—even those that don’t allow you to set up a VPN connection like µTorrent does—you should install the NordVPN app, which is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS. You can even configure NordVPN on your router, which would automatically secure all connections on your network regardless of which device they come from. However, only the NordVPN app allows you to easily switch between different servers.
Top Sale on VPN apps
Up to 48% off Astrill with this discount deal
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
Discounts of up to 60% with a promo code for SlickVPN
1 Years Sale Price
users successfully used this promo
What people says about Nord VPN
An average VPN Although NordVPN markets itself as an over the average VPN, and prices it accordingly, my experience with this VPN shows nothing outstanding. I have their app on my laptop and phone. In both cases, I have noticed a decrease in speed and performance, when compared to normal online activity. Plus, even though they market themselves using military grade encryption, according to my understanding they don’t use any super special technology that is unavailable out there. Adding to it, a customer service that is not so knowledgeable, the result is an average performing VPN service.
Ease of use As an Arabic speaker, whose English is not so good, I’m very happy to say that the UI of this application is very easy to install and use. I had a small problem, contacted customer service and help was available on the spot. I have recommended this VPN to my friends, and some of them have expressed their satisfaction with the product several times. Good work NordVPN!