This article has been just updated:
Spend just a few minutes researching VPN services, and you’re guaranteed to come across NordVPN, a Panama-based VPN service that surprises with its affordable prices and excellent global coverage. But does it really live up to the hype? Or is NordVPN just another VPN service that promises more than it can actually deliver. Let’s find out.
NordVPN has more than 5,200 servers in 62 countries. You would be hard-pressed to find another VPN provider with similar global coverage, which is why NordVPN has established itself as the VPN service of choice for all people who want to access geo-restricted content.
NordVPN separates its servers into multiple categories based on their type:
- Standard servers: As their name suggests, these are regular VPN servers that encrypt your internet traffic and hide your real IP address to improve your security and privacy online.
- Double VPN servers: Even though NordVPN’s regular servers provide excellent security with their military-grade encryption, the VPN service provider also makes it possible for you to send your internet traffic through two servers, effectively encrypting it twice. This ensures that even NordVPN doesn’t have the full history of your internet activity and couldn’t compromise your security no matter what.
- Onion over VPN servers: The servers that fall into this category allow you to combine NordVPN’s massive global network with the Tor network, a group of volunteer-operated servers that allows people to improve their privacy and security on the internet.
- Dedicated IP servers: There are many reasons why you might want to have your own IP address that no other NordVPN users besides you can use. For example, banks typically don’t like it when their customers connect from multiple different IP addresses for obvious security reasons, and a dedicated IP address is the only way how VPN users can access their bank accounts while still enjoying the superior online experience provided by a VPN.
- P2P servers: VPN service providers often don’t allow P2P traffic, but NordVPN takes a completely different approach. Instead of blocking torrenting and other forms of P2P sharing, NordVPN actively supports them with its P2P servers.
- NordVPN obfuscated servers: In many countries around the world, including China and Russia, VPN services are either not allowed or at least highly monitored. The good news is that NordVPN operates a fleet of obfuscated servers that let you bypass internet restrictions and surf without any worries.
- NordVPN DNS servers: The Domain Name System is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses, but it represents a significant privacy and security risks. NordVPN is aware of this, which is why it runs its own NordVPN DNS servers that prevent DNS leaks when connected, ensuring that your DNS requests are safe.
In the United States alone, NordVPN has nearly 2,000 servers, including P2P servers, Double VPN servers, obfuscated servers, and dedicated IP servers. For more information on NordPVN server locations USA, visit this site.
With such a massive global network of secure VPN servers, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that NordVPN is able to provide fast and stable speeds. It’s a rare sight to see NordVPN slow, which has been confirmed by hundreds of independent tests and reviews available on the internet.
That’s why NordVPN has become the VPN service of choice for online gamers, who can’t afford to have their actions register a hundred or so milliseconds too late. Of course, the low-latency nature of NordVPN also makes the service suitable for people who frequently make voice and video calls.
NordVPN is known for offering a wide array of attractive features. One of its most noteworthy features is called CyberSec. This sophisticated ad- and malware-blocker automatically protects you from dangerous content online, allowing you to enjoy the internet without constantly worrying about hackers, malware, and other cyber threats.
Unlike traditional ad- and malware-blockers, CyberSec doesn’t negatively impact the performance of your device. When you visit a website that CyberSec evaluates as dangerous, the access to the website will be automatically blocked, and you will see a warning message explaining why the website is dangerous. Of course, you can disable CyberSec at any time in NordVPN System Settings.
Other NordVPN features that you should know about include its strict no logs policy, which has been the subject of an independent audit, automatic kill switch, DNS leak protection, and SmartPlay, a technology that allows you to enjoy safe streaming experience on popular online streaming sites like Netflix with no buffering, bandwidth throttling, or slow connections speeds.
There are some reviews on the internet that criticize NordVPN for providing poor customers support. The problem with them is that they’re old—very old, in fact.
Today, customers that discover NordVPN not connecting as it should can get in touch with customer care agents either via email or using the excellent live chat functionality. All NordVPN customer care agents are friendly, highly knowledgeable, and speak perfect English, which only goes to show that NordVPN really cares about its customers.
As you can see, NordVPN really does live up to the hype surrounding it, offering thousands of highly secure, high-speed servers located in all major countries. Best of all, the service costs just a fraction of what many competing VPN service providers charge for their services.