This article has been just updated: January 17, 2020
If you’re a diehard sports fan, there’s probably nothing you hate more than not being able to see your favorite team win because work, family life, or other obligations prevent you from being there in person and experiencing the thrill of victory first-hand.
But what if you could support your team from anywhere in the world? In this article, we describe three ways how you can do just that.
Method 1: Use an Online Sports Streaming Site
- Advantages: Most content is available in HD. Many online streaming sites are free to use. You can watch the live streams of almost any sport you can think of. All you need is an internet-connected device with a web browser.
- Disadvantages: Online streaming sites are supported by ads, which take something away from the experience. The legality of certain online streaming sites is at best questionable.
The most important thing is to use an online sports streaming site that links to legitimate content and not malware. Many seedy online sports streaming sites prey on sports fans who are desperately looking for a last-minute way how to watch their favorite team live, linking to dangerous malware instead of legitimate content.
The three online sports streaming sites listed below are all trustworthy and endorsed by many satisfied users.
.Top 3 Best Online Sports Streaming Site
WatchESPN is an online sports stream service operated by ESPN, an American sports media conglomerate that owns various sports broadcasting operations, including cable channels, a sports radio network, and other assets.
WatchESPN has a remarkable user interface and an official app for Android and iOS users. Unfortunately, the service is available only to US residents, so you have to use a VPN service to access it.
This is how you can watch live events on WatchESPN using TorGuard, a popular VPN service that encrypts your internet access and provides an anonymous IP address:
- Go to: https://torguard.net/.
- Click the “Get TorGuard Now” button.
- Choose a billing cycle.
- Select a payment method.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Complete your order.
- Download the TorGuard client and use it to establish an anonymous connection and get a US IP.
- Go to http://www.watchespn.com/ and enjoy live sports stream!
Stream2Watch.org is one of the biggest and most often visited online sports streaming sites on the internet. You would be hard-pressed to find a sport that’s not listed on the site. For each stream, you’ll get all the information you could possibly have, including team player details.
All content on Stream2Watch.org is available in HD quality, and multiple mirrors are available for each stream. The site is run by sports fans just like you and supported entirely by ads, so you might want to consider disabling your ad-block before you visit it.
FromHot is a free online sports streaming site where you can watch football, hockey, tennis, basketball, baseball, golf, cycling, car racing, and several other sports. The site has a very clean and responsive design that places streams front and center and works just as well on desktop computers as it does on mobile devices.
FromHot gathers streams from many third-party sources, and you don’t have to pay a single dollar to watch them. Just like Stream2Watch.org, FromHot is supported by ads, and you can help keep the site alive by temporarily turning off your ad-blocker.
Online sports streaming sites let you watch just about any sport imaginable from the comfort of your home and for free. There are many different kinds of online sport streaming sites. Some link to live streams provided by various third parties, while others produce their own original streams.
Virtually all online sports streaming sites are supported by ads, and we recommend you use an ad-blocker to improve your user experience and protect yourself from click-bait links and pop-ups.
Arguably the best thing about online sports streaming sites is how convenient they are to use. All you need is a web browser, and you’re good to go. There’s no monthly fee and typically also no requirement to create a user account. It’s certainly true that the legality of certain online sports streaming sites is somewhat questionable, but you as a user have nothing to worry about.
Method 2: Watch Sports Online on Facebook Watch
- Advantages: A wide range of streams covering virtually every sport. International availability. Allows you to easily share sports streams with your friends on Facebook.
- Disadvantages: Limited number of official sports streams. Only available through Facebook. You need a Facebook account.
Facebook Watch is a relatively new video-on-demand service by Facebook. It was initially limited only to Facebook users living in the US, but it became available internationally to all users of the social network worldwide on August 30, 2020.
Since the launch of the service, Facebook has managed to obtain the rights to stream multiple different sports. Perhaps the most noteworthy deal Facebook scored is the option to watch one MLB game per week during the regular season.
.To watch live sports streams on Facebook Watch:
- Go to: https://www.facebook.com/watch.
- Log in with your Facebook account.
If you don’t have one, this is how you can create it:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/r.php.
- Enter your name, email or mobile phone number, password, date of birth, and gender.
- Click the “Create an Account” button.
- Confirm your email or mobile phone number to finish creating your account.
- Click “Search videos.”
- Type “sports” and hit enter.
- Click the “See All Live” button.
Method 3: Find Live Sports Streams on Social Media
- Advantages: Works for most professional sports.
- Disadvantages: Availability is not guaranteed.
Whenever there’s a highly anticipated match, social media websites get flooded with links to unofficial streams. One such social media website is Reddit, which gives its users the ability to vote which streams they like the best. Keep in mind that Reddit doesn’t actually host any sports streams.
Because the streams on Reddit come from a wide variety of sources, their availability is anything but guaranteed. We advise you exercise a healthy amount of cautious when click on sports stream links on Reddit, especially if they’re relatively new and nobody has commented on them yet.
Here are some subreddits where you can find live sports streams:
- Football streams: r/NFLstreams
- Basketball streams: r/NBAstreams
- NHL streams: r/NHLStreams
- Soccer streams: r/soccerstreams
- Hockey streams: r/puckstreams
- Golf streams: r/PuttStreams
- Baseball streams: r/MLBstreams
- Mixed martial arts streams: r/MMAstreams
- College basketball streams: r/NCAAbbstreams
- College football streams: r/CFBstreams
- Motorsport and motor racing streams: r/motorsportsstreams