This article has been just updated:
We expect a certain degree of privacy in our lives, and would not tolerate some entity following us down the street and noting our every move throughout the day. Yet this is exactly what your ISP can do every time you fire up your web browser and go online.
Top 3 Best VPNs for Windows
Here are three of the best VPNs available that will allow Windows users to maintain online anonymity.
NordVPN is a feature-rich VPN application that will protect your identity and data while you are online. Be aware that there are extra malware and ad blocking capabilities in the version that is downloaded directly from the NordVPN site. The Google Play version does not contain these options. Here are some of the features you get with NordVPN. A thirty-day money-back guarantee protects your financial investment.
- Online Privacy – Anonymity is preserved by hiding your IP address and eliminating DNS leaks. Your transmission can be routed through a Nord VPN server and then the Onion router when accessing the dark web. A kill switch enables you to close your online session if the VPN connection is closed.
- Data Security – NordVPN protects your data with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption. You can also opt for double encryption where your data is sent through two subsequent VPN servers.
- No Logging – No logs of your online activity are retained.
- Extensive VPN Server Network – NordVPN has over 5,000 VPN servers meaning you can always find one nearby for your connection.
- Connect Multiple Devices – Protect up to six devices an any OS platform with a single NordVPN account.
Another quality VPN for the Windows platform is ExpressVPN. It is backed by a thirty-day money-back guarantee so you can essentially test drive the app for free. Here are some of the features provided by ExpressVPN.
- High-Speed Server Network – A large network of over 2,000 servers located in 94 different countries ensures you can always get a fast VPN connection when you need one.
- No Data Logging – No logs of your online history are kept.
- Data Protection – You data is secured by using 256-bit AES encryption. Additional protection is afforded by DNS leak protection and a kill switch to shut down your session if the VPN drops.
- Protect Multiple Devices – Up to three devices can be connected simultaneously using a single ExpressVPN account.
Rounding out our review of Window’s VPNs is IPVanish. This application offers a 7-day money-back guarantee so you can test the tool.
- Data Encryption – IPVanish employs 256-bit AES encryption to ensure that your data remains secure.
- Unlimited P2P traffic – Users who download torrents will enjoy this feature which will maintain your high-speed connection when engaged in P2P activity.
- Multiple Simultaneous Connections – A single account can have up to ten devices connected at the same time.
- No Logging – Your online activity is never captured or saved in logs, preserving your anonymity.
- Large Server Network – Use over 1,100 servers located in over 60 countries worldwide.
If you value your privacy and data security you need to use a VPN whenever you go online. Windows users will be well-protected with any of the applications discussed in this article.