The closed nature of the Mac operating system has made it much less prone to viruses and malware attacks than some other platforms. This does not mean that Mac users should let their guard down, especially when they are engaged in the online activity.
In order to protect the privacy of their online movements and safeguard the data transmitted over the Internet, Mac users should strongly consider using a VPN.
Let’s take a look at some of the best VPNs available for the Mac.
One of the best VPNs for the Mac is NordVPN. It protects your online identity and data through a host of advanced features. Some of these features, such as ad blocking, are only available in the version that can be downloaded directly from the NordVPN site.
The App Store version does not contain these options. You can test drive the app for 30 days with their money-back guarantee.
Here are some of NordVPN’s features:
- Data Security – NordVPN employs 256-bit AES encryption. This is the same level of encryption used by government agencies to protect the data. Extra protection is gained by opting for double encryption where your data travels through two VPN servers before reaching its destination.
- Extensive VPN Server Network – NordVPN has a server network consisting of over 5,000 VPN servers so you can always obtain a secure connection.
- No Logging – A strict no logging policy protects your anonymity.
- Online Privacy – Your IP address is hidden and DNS leaks are eliminated to keep you anonymous when online. Accessing the dark web makes use of a VPN server and then the Onion router for added protection. You can have your online session immediately terminated if the VPN connection drops by using the tool’s kill switch.
- Connect Up To Six Devices – Your NordVPN account lets you connect and protect six devices simultaneously.
Another VPN for the Mac which offers some outstanding features is VyprVPN. Some of the distinguishing aspects of this application are:
- No Third-Parties – All hardware used for the VPN servers is owned and operated by the company behind vyprVPN. Over 700 servers in 70 global locations are available for your use.
- Chameleon VPN – This proprietary technology defeats VPN blocking to allow you to access any site from any location.
- Unlimited Downloads – No restrictions on downloads and no server switching fees.
- Three-day free trial – See if you like the application before making any financial investment.
ExpressVPN is another great app for the Mac that will protect your online data and identity. Try the app for free by taking advantage of their thirty-day money-back guarantee. Among the features offered by this app are:
- Large High-Speed Server Network – A network of over 2,000 servers spread throughout 94 countries enables you to find a secure connection that is located nearby.
- Data Protection – Military-grade 256-bit AES encryption is used to secure your online data. A kill switch can be set to take you offline if the VPN connection is terminated. DNS leak protection adds additional security to your online sessions.
- Protect Multiple Devices – You can protect up to three devices at the same time with your ExpressVPN account.
- No Logging Policy – No logs are kept by ExpressVPN of your online activity.
If you are concerned with your online privacy and the security of your data, you should start using one of these VPN applications as soon as possible. Failure to do so leaves your online movements visible for prying eyes to monitor.